- Controller and Data Protection Contact
Amathaon Capital Team UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Dachauer Str. 70, c/o Dr. Tobias Schönhaar,
80335 München, Germany
(“Amathaon” or “we”)
Please note that we are under no legal obligation to appoint a data protection officer. However, if you have any enquiry concerning the processing of your personal data by Amathaon, please contact us by mail or e-mail.
- How We Process Your Personal Data
A) Visiting the website
When you visit the website www.amathaon.com, your device’s browser automatically transmits information to our website’s server. This information is temporarily stored in aa so-called log file.
The following data are collected and stored, without any action on your part, until they are automatically deleted:
- IP address of the computer accessing the website
- date and time of visit to our website
- name and URL of the retrieved file
- website from which access is made (referrer URL)
- browser used and, in some cases, your computer’s operating system, as well as the name of your access provider
We process the aforementioned data for the following purposes:
- ensuring a smooth connection is made with the website
- ensuring the website is user friendly
- evaluating system security and stability
- additional administrative purposes
Article 6 para. 1 lit. f) of the GDPR forms the legal basis for the processing of data. Our legitimate interest arises from the purposes of data collection listed above. We generally do not use collected data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about your person. However, we reserve the right to do so if required to investigate improper page access.
We may offer links to third-party services on our website. However, we are not responsible for the processing of your data by these services.
B) Contacting Us
If you have questions of any kind, we offer you the option to contact us by telephone or via email. If you make personal data available to us via these communication channels, we will only save and use this data on the basis of your consent as per Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a of the GDPR to process your enquiries, or on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b of the GDPR if the subject of your enquiry relates to (pre-)contractual information.
We will store the communication as long as required for the purposes of the communication. However, where the processing is based on your consent, you may revoke such consent to the processing of the provided data at any time by sending us an email. In this case, we will delete your data immediately. Where the processing is based on a contract or precontractual communication, we may have a legal retention obligation (for example, if you send us a pre-contractual message which then becomes the basis of a contractual relationship or if your message refers to existing contractual relationships).
When you send us your pitch deck, we will process your name, contact information, and the information about you and your company contained in the pitch deck. The processing is made for the purpose of reviewing your pitch deck against our investment criteria. This review is necessary for us to decide about investing in your company. The legal basis for this processing is Art. 6. para. 1 lit. b of the GDPR, as well as the legitimate interest of Amathaon and its investors in reviewing potential investment options (Art. 6. para. 1 lit. f of the GDPR). We will inform you about the result of the review as soon as possible and, if necessary, further contact you if your pitch deck meets our investment criteria.
Your personal data will be deleted as soon as they are no longer required for the afore-described purposes, and if all applicable statutory retention periods have expired.
- Your Rights as a Data Subject
You have the following rights:
- to obtain information about the personal data concerning you that we process in accordance with Article 15 of the GDPR. In particular, you have the right to obtain information regarding the purposes of the processing; the category of personal data concerned; the categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed; the envisaged period for which the data will be stored; the existence of the right to request rectification or erasure, the restriction of processing, or to object to such processing; the existence of the right to lodge a complaint; the source of your data in cases when the personal data are not collected by us; the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and where applicable, meaningful information about the specific details;
- to obtain without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you that we have stored, as well as the right to have the personal data completed, in accordance with Article 16 of the GDPR;
- to obtain the erasure of the personal data concerning you that we have stored, in accordance with Article 17 of the GDPR, provided the processing thereof is not necessary for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest, or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- to obtain a restriction of the processing of your personal data where the accuracy of the data is contested by you, the processing thereof is unlawful but you oppose the erase thereof, or we no longer need the personal data but they are required by you for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims in accordance with Article 18 of the GDPR, or where you have objected to the disclosure of this data pursuant to Article 21 of the GDPR;
- to obtain the personal data concerning you that you have provided us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, or to have this data transmitted to another controller (data portability), in accordance with Article 20 of the GDPR;
- to withdraw the consent you gave to us at any time, in accordance with Article 7, Paragraph 3 of the GDPR. This means that we may no longer process data for which this consent was granted; and
- lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in accordance with Article 77 of the GDPR. In most cases, you can contact a supervisory authority in the location of your habitual residence, place of work or our company headquarters.
- Right to object
In cases where your personal data are processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Article 6 para. 1 lit. f of the GDPR, you have the right – in accordance with Article 21 of the GDPR – to object to your personal data being processed on grounds relating to your particular situation or where the objection is to processing for direct marketing purposes. In the latter case, you have a general right to object that will be implemented by us without notification of a particular situation. If you wish to make use of your right of revocation or right to object, you can send us an email.